iPhone 6 to have 128GB storage, iPad Air 2 to add Touch ID and gold variant: Report
Honoured analyst of KGI, Ming-Chui Kuo has come up with some great news for every Apple enthusiast out there. According to him, Apple would bring up one 128GB storage option for both the models of iPhone 6 (5.5″ and 4.7″). User will be able to choose between 4 new options after iPhone 6 launch i.e 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB. However, user should also take note on one of the previous report in which the 32GB variant was allegedly taken back by making 16GB model much cheaper.
KGI analyst also added that this upcoming iPhone 6’s will :
- No longer get a sapphire coating on its camera lens because being more scratch resistant, sapphire is actually more prone to shattering, failing the drop test.
- The new home button, this time placed on right side, will perform multiple user directed functions. Like double press would yield something else and long press would yield some thing else.
- Built-in barometer for advance health applications
- Even this new report was not able to confirm the presence of sapphire on its display.
This new report also brings light to the “silent mode iPad Air 2″(since we haven’t seen any new leaks). According to him, the new iPad Air 2 will:
- Announce on the same day as the iPhone 6 i.e. September 9th, not in October.
- Add Touch ID on iPad Air 2 home button.
- New iPad will be somewhat sleek.
- Gold variant is also likely to come up.
- RAM will be increased to 2GB this time.
- Also, a minor refresh in iPad Mini will be observed.