Leaked iPad 5 back panel and digitizer assembly
Macfixit.com.au, an online iPhone and iPad accessories store tagged leaked iPad 5 back panel and digitizer assembly photos in one of its listing for $199.99 by till now its out of stock. We previously got a video showing same housing assembly uploaded by nowhereelse.fr. Now looking at the side of the panel,we can see some numbers written is xxx-xx-xx-xxx- format, this is actually the same format which Apple uses in its iOS devices previously.
Product description as written on macfixit:
Our supplier claims this is the new iPad 5 Screen/Digitizer:
– The display area is the same as the iPad Retina.
– The edges of the frame are narrower using the same style as the iPad mini.
– The ITO (Indium tin oxide) is the same as the iPad mini.
– There is now 2 connectors instead of 1.
– The connectors have been changed from FFC (Flat Flexible Cable, like the iPad 2/3/4) to FPC (Flexible Printed Circuits, like the iPhone 4/5).
Some images coming from the same source follows: