Let’s see what’s new in this Moto X
Motorola, after confusing every Moto fan, has finally unveiled its next Moto X flagship. As per some previous reports, the device has been named as “Moto X” but you can say it “New Moto X”. Following the long running trend, this new Moto X has got stock Android KitKat 4.4.4 loaded in it. Being launched in 2014, this device will certainly get Android L update. New Moto X has not only got better specs than Moto X 2013 but this time its much smarter than that. Forget S-Pen, here only your voice is required to give command to Moto X, just speak up and you are done with that. Let’s discuss its specifications and then we’ll tell you how that works.
Its not just a bigger 5.2″ of 1080p display, its actually much more powerful than the Moto X 2013. Lets check:
- 5.2″ Full HD 1080p AMOLED display covered with Gorilla Glass 3 ~423ppi
- Splash Guard on screen(to protect it from splashes of water, don’t you dare throw it in water pool)
- 2.5GHz MSM8974-AC Snapdragon 801 processor(Sony Xperia Z3 has the same one)
- 2GB RAM
- 578MHz Adreno 330 GPU
- 13MP rear camera with 2 dot flashes on ring(~ring flash)
- Rear camera with 4x zoom and 4K 2160p video recording
- 2MP camera on front that shoots 1080p video
- Front facing dual stereo speakers
- 4 microphones to help reduce the background sound
- 16GB/32GB internal storage
- 2,300mAh battery
We are not sure about the battery pack up but Motorola say’s it will keep it alive for 1 full day under normal conditions.
Your “Voice” is enough now
Just like Moto X 2013, Motorola has again added some new amazing new apps in this device that will surely make your life practically easy. New Moto X comes loaded with new Moto Display, Moto Assist and Moto Actions. What’s new in this?
Forget OK Google Now, you can now add your custom voice command through which you can activate this device or even make it do something for you. For ex:
“Click a Selfie” – It will load up the front camera.
Say “Post on Facebook” or “Tweet on Twitter”(also works on lock screen)- It will do that for you.
Moreover, Motorola has also spread some IR sensors on its front panel through which this new innovative product can identify your specified gesture or action. All this is done by Moto Actions. For ex.- Just wave your hand once over the front screen to silent the incoming call, snooze or dismiss the Alarm etc.
The device has been priced at $500 for sim free version whereas you can pay $100 to get on-contract device. New Moto X will roll at the end of this month.