Samsung Galaxy Round, a curved display phone with powerhouse specs announced
Yesterday, we were talking about LG doing mass production of curved OLED display and now we got news that Samsung announced its curved display Smartphone- Samsung Galaxy Round, being the first curved display Smartphone. It is a phablet having 5.7inch display and other specifications are below:
- 5.7” Full HD Super Flexible AMOLED display
- MSM 8974 (Quad Krait 2.3 GHz) processor
- Android 4.3 jelly bean
- 3GB RAM 32GB internal memory and upto 64GB expandable memory.
- 13 MP AF w/Flash rear-facing camera and 2MP front camera.
- Camera Mode: Drama Shot, Sound & Shot, Animated Photo, Eraser, Best Photo, Best Face, Beauty Face, HDR (High Dynamic Range), Panorama, Sports, Golf, Surround shot, Live effect
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, BT 4.0 (BLE), USB 3.0, GPS+GLONASS, NFC
- Group Play: Share Music, Share Picture, Share Video, Share Document, Play Games
- Story Album, S Translator
- Samsung Smart Scroll, Samsung Smart Pause, Air Gesture, Air View
- Samsung Apps, Samsung Hub, ChatON (Voice/Video Call, Share screen, 3-way calling), Samsung WatchON
- S Voice™ Hands Free, S Health
- Samsung Adapt Display, Samsung Adapt Sound
- Auto adjust touch sensitivity (Glove friendly)
- Samsung Link, Screen Mirroring
- Safety Assistance, Samsung KNOX
- 2,800mAh battery
This Smartphone has inward curve and if we look back at the rumors, Samsung was supposed to come up with OLED flexible display but this thing is totally different.
This device will be only available for Korea for now and that too in a single color- Luxury Brown. This is not exactly we expect, if we say flexible curve display, but still this is the beginning more innovations are yet to come. Anyhow, Samsung gained the first brand to come up with curved flexible display, let us see what will be the response towards this new thing.