Download Xperia Z Yuga Android 4.4 KitKat rom
After the official debut of Android 4.4 KitKat on Nexus 5, its the first time when Sony Xperia Z Yuga gets Android 4.4 KitKat rom. Although this rom is unofficial but almost every user claims it a stable one. The ROM is based on AOSP, so no recovery and no rooting. Sony Xperia Z is the first flagship device to get this update and even this update has been revised for three times till now which solves very bugs giving you a nicely build Android KitKat 4.4 for Xperia Z Yuga. We got this report via phonearena on xda-dev.
An image showing Xperia Z yuga running Android KitKat 4.4 follows:
The two things which we should know before getting this amazing operating system on your android device are:
- You need to reboot your device twice if you want Calendar app to sync with Google.
- “Please Wait” tag will never end if you manually select a mobile network, you can press back button after some seconds and that will be okay!
DOWNLOAD KitKat 4.4 for Xperia Z yuga HERE( from XDA) or HERE( direct link)
Some key points to be remembered before you download this:
Working in 3.x
- Camera + Movie recording
- Telephone calls / SMS
- GSM Data
- Encrypted /data
- OMX video (HW accelerated playback)
- Automatic display brightness
- No screen on delay
- A Video of the 4.4 Port can be seen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrc89NJfF0o (thanks to mestanr)
- Selecting a Mobile network manually will cause the ‘Please wait…’ dialog to stay even after the phone registered to the network. Just hit the ‘home’ button to make the dialog vanish.
- Syncing the Calendar with google may not work on a fresh 4.4 installation. Reboot your phone 2 times and it should be fine. (Seems to be a gapps issue, there is nothing i can do about it )
- The two famous CM-Bugs (2 second screen on delay / Loudspeaker issue) are (so far) not present
- Do not spam the thread with ‘bug reports’ et al: Send me a patch! The sources are at: https://github.com/adrian-bl-yuga?tab=repositories